I am certified in Elementary Teaching (K-6) and English as a New Language instruction. I currently work as an ESL Teacher working mostly with first graders.
- I believe in student-driven education and authentic assessment.
- I believe that critical literacy and community action are integral components to education.
- I believe children learn as much from each other as they do from teachers.
- I believe in assessing children as complex, multi-dimensional, emotional, complicated, and brilliant people that each deserve a voice in our world.
It is a teacher’s job to help a student find his or her own voice and their individual path to learning. I believe it is one of the hardest jobs in the world, but the most rewarding.
I have a background in public libraries and a strong love of all forms of literature. I live in Indiana with my husband, cat and two dogs. This blog, like me, is a work in progress. Bare with me.
- Bachelor of Arts in Folklore/Ethnomusicology (Indiana University-Bloomington, 2002)
- Masters of Library Science (Indiana University-Bloomington, 2005)
- Elementary (K-6) Teaching Certificate (IUPUI, 2012)
- Teaching English as a New Language Certificate (IUPUI, 2012)
- Champion of Social Justice (IUPUI, 2012)