Two interesting articles from today
[Original date posted: 10/5/2011]
Ten Takeaway Tips for Using Authentic Assessment in Your School
- “Break down skill work into small groups.
- Build a community of practice.
- Work backwards.
- Have fun.
- Ensure rigor.
- Give cards a try.
- Tap into students’ interests.
- Use Tasks on Demand
- DYO: Do Your Own Assessments
- Use a variety of tracking tools.”
White House Report: American Jobs Act Supports Nearly 400,000 Education Jobs
“The American Jobs Act will support nearly 400,000 education jobs,
preventing layoffs of educators and allowing thousands more to be hired
or rehired. In addition, the President’s plan will modernize at least
35,000 public school buildings and community college campuses while
putting construction workers back to work.”